Kapellenplatz 16, 56218 Mülheim-Kärlich
The oldest completely preserved stone building in Mülheim-Kärlich from the 14th century is the Old Chapel, which has been connected to the town hall by a staircase since 1895. The small Gothic church was donated by the Mülheim priest Johannes and his sisters in 1313 and was owned by the Carthusian monastery in Koblenz from 1333 to 1794. The people of Mülheim used it as an early mass church, and from 1887 to 1890 it was the parish church of the newly established parish of Mülheim for a short time. After the new building of the Mülheim parish church was completed in 1890, the Gothic chapel was used as a school hall after the insertion of a false ceiling. Today, the upper room serves as the town's meeting and festival hall. In 1962, a carillon was installed in the 17th-century ridge turret with its Baroque dome, which chimes out popular melodies every hour.