Buttermarkt, 53545 Linz am Rhein
Cozy, historical square in the middle of Linz's old town.
Square with fountain in memory of the market women who sold their products there from 1642 until the 1930s. The hard-working women walked more than 20km a way to sell their goods. The mill stream, indicated by white cobbles, flowed open through the city until 1853. Opposite the savings bank, baroque half-timbered building with decorative half-timbered forms such as ”Wild Man”, ”St. Andrew’s cross” and other Rhenish timber-frame elements.