Hofstraße 257a, 56077 Koblenz
The building originally stood in the immediate vicinity of Philippsburg Castle, at that time one of the most important and largest baroque buildings on the Rhine. In 1801, Philippsburg Palace was destroyed by the French, but the dicastery building was preserved. The secular administrative building of the Elector of Trier housed, among other things, the electoral court. In the meantime, the building also served as a residence, troop accommodation, a military hospital, the seat of the Nassau government and a storehouse for provisions. In 1936, the dicasterial building was converted into offices. It was partially destroyed during the Second World War and rebuilt in 1947.