Gedenkstätte Belle Kreuz

Oberstraße 10, 55422 Bacharach

From the center of the village in Weiler, as an extension of the Heilig Kreuz-Weg, a Way of the Cross with Stations of the Cross leads north into the Bingen Forest. It ends at the "Belle Kreuz Memorial" in the middle of the forest.

The square is equipped with an open-air altar and a 10-meter high wooden cross. The altar area serves as a memorial to the victims of the Second World War. The first Holy Mass was held here in 1955. As early as 1949, the community was founded to establish a Stations of the Cross. In 1951/52 the Stations of the Cross, made of Mayen basalt, could be erected. The sculptor Adam Winter from Mainz created the relief plates for the niches of the stations. Since 1961 the remaining work has been completed.   

Gedenkstätte Belle Kreuz

Um diesen Inhalt zu sehen müssen Sie den Drittanbieter Cookies zustimmen.

55422 Bacharach Oberstraße 10
Rhein-Nahe Touristik
Oberstraße 10
55422 Bacharach

Phone: (0049) 6743 919 303

Plan route