Historisches Rathaus Linz am Rhein
Marktplatz 14, 53545 Linz am Rhein
The Linz City Hall is the oldest city hall in Rhineland-Palatinate, which still serves its original purpose: the seat of the city mayor. The Linz town hall was built in 1517. The special, wrought-iron town hall clock dates from 1737 and is controlled by basalt stones. Originally installed for the council chapel, the elaborate clockwork was placed in the town hall after it was demolished. The special highlight is the historic carillon. The 23 bells ring out daily at 12.15 p.m., 3.15 p.m. and 6.15 p.m. with different songs and melodies.