The palace-like complex in the village of Brohl-Lützing is no longer in any way reminiscent of the former castle from the early 14th century: the transformations carried out on the building from 1888 were extensive. Written sources name Johann Burggraf von Rheineck as free proprietor of the noble estate. With the acquisition of suzerainty over Brohleck castle, Baldwin of Luxembourg finally forced a wedge between the sites of the Palatinate of Cologne, Sinzig and Bad Breisig in the North as well as Andernach in the South. In the middle of the 16th century, the Castle was reconstructed by Friedrich von Metternich and his wife Anna von Düsternau, who is remembered on the coat-of-arms chiselled in stone at the entrance to the Tower. Today, Brohleck Castle presents itself as a multiple-winged, palace-like property in the style of historicism. The complex, which is in private ownership, offers rooms for weddings, celebrations and concerts. Every year, a romantic Christmas market in the middle of the castle walls attracts a host of visitors.